Friday, June 15, 2012

A scarf from Paris. A ring from Dublin. A watch from this sleepy little town.

I believe in creativity, quirkiness, beauty in the unexpected.
I believe in clothes as the most wonderful form of self expression. You may think that sounds totally naff and dare I say a little bit of a wank... but for me fashion is all about having a creative outlet. I'm no artist (that's my sisters domain), definately not a musician (that's my Mr's domain) fashion is where it's at for me and I simply adore it!



So here's what I'm wearing today... Mavi Jeans, Morrison shirt, Jac & Jack Sweater, Topshop Boots and my favourite scarf. (Did I also mention I believe in comfortable fashion? Perhaps I'm not a true 'fashionista' but heels just make me want to cry!)


 LOVE these boots!!! They re-surfaced three days ago after two years of being held captive in a box of my sisters stuff. Can not even tell you how excited I was to be reunited with them!


This scarf has to be one of my favourite EVER items. I got it in Paris, which sounds terribly romantic and chic...Oh how I'd love to tell you that I purchased it from a luxurious boutique somewhere in the Faubourg Saint-Honore district...the truth is I found it in one of those trashy tourist souvenier shops crammed in next to the postcards and fridge magnets...oh well, I still do love it.
The claddagh ring is from my home away from home; Dublin, the silver swirly one a 21st present from my lovely mum and the other two are from a certain costume jewellery chain which shall remain nameless (mainly because I used to work for them and saying their name makes me see red...but that's a whole other story!) The watch is Nixon and is all scratched up from days of working in a skate shop in this sleepy little town (I can put a skateboard together...I can not skate...)

4 comments:

  1. Loving your blog. Looking forward to more words on comfortable fashion and faraway places (and our sleepy little town).

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always loved that scarf and especially that watch! Really enjoying your blogs gem ��

    ReplyDelete