Wednesday, June 20, 2012

She wore flowers in her hair.

I went to see Boy & Bear last week. Now ladies... who's with me, that lead singer guy is dreamy right? Ahhhhhhhhh......yep! My Mr doesn't think...''Seriously!? That guy?? He looks like a creepy fat football necked lizard alien." Hmmmmmm I think not, Dreamy he is..


That's Mr Dreamy from Boy & Bear away in the distance...


Anyway, I'm getting side tracked, what I really wanted to tell you about was one of the support bands. Tin Sparrow; they had this "happy, hippy daisy, I just rolled out of bed looking simultaneously this dishevelled and wonderful and I don't care what you think'' vibe about them. I thought they were fantastic, music wise and style wise. There was a girl in the band and she wore flowers in her hair, like a little wreath type thing just sitting atop her head. It set me off on a little day dream about days in the sun, years ago, with my sister making clover and daisy chains in our big backyard. Oh to be be ten again!


She wore flowers in her hair...


That got me thinking about a shoot an amazingly talented friend of mine styled. It has that same kind of magical, free spirit, I'm just a pretty girl having the time of my life feel going on.The guy who styled it, Mitchell Steed, is fab. We met at our first class at Fashion college. I can't remember what it was exactly that we bonded over that day (fashion related no doubt) but we must have been chatting away about something interesting because we bypassed the bus stops and walked all the way from our college at Glebe to Central Station. Since I've moved back to this sleepy town he has been keeping me amused with little snippets from fabulous industry parties, fashion week shows and incredible shoots. "I was at a party thinking that guy looks like Henry Holland...then realised IT WAS HENRY HOLLAND!!!" and "Wish you were here to share Fashion Week with me. Romance was Born made me have a visual orgasm!" I in turn have been keeping him amused with snippets of my small town princessy existence "at the last meeting we got deportment notes and learnt how to eat a bread roll properly..."

Thought I'd share with you his oh so lovely shoot here.

(More on how one should properly eat a bread roll at a later date...)

Enjoy.

Gemma Grace Xx

Images: Poster Magazine















No comments:

Post a Comment